1. Collection of Information
a. Information you provide to us.
When you use our Services as a Veteran and choose to submit an application, we will collect the following information from you:
- First and last name, and middle initial if you choose to provide it
- Date of birth
- Proof of veteran status, which could be a DD 214 or 215, NGC 22 or 22A, or a Military ID with a photo
- Information about whether you have a driver’s license
- Current military status (e.g., Active, Retired, etc.)
- Home address, city, state, and zip code
- Mobile telephone number
- Language fluency and proficiency
- Technical skills (e.g., electrical, camera, etc.)
- Military specialty (e.g., MOS and Title)
- Preferences for work
- Resume and photo (optional)
- Email and password
When you use our Services as an Employer, we will collect the following information from you:
- Company name
- Contact email
- Address, city, state, and zip code
- Phone number
- Username and password
b. Information from website use. As a result of the way the internet works and the website infrastructure we use, our website automatically collects some or all of the following types of information when you visit the Services:
- Information about your device, such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type and settings, and information about your screen resolution and language settings.
- Information about how you use the Services, such as information about the Services you use, time and duration of your use of the Service, and any information stored on cookies, pixels, and similar technologies.
- General location information, which can be inferred from information like your device’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or nearby WiFi access points or cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use the Services.
c. Information we obtain from other sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, and we may combine this with other information we receive about you.
d. Information from third-party social media services
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you access to and use of the Services, including connecting Veterans and Employers
- To develop and operate the database
- To communicate with you
- To market and advertise the Services and issues described therein
- To analyze and improve the Services
- To help keep the Services effective and secure
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
3. Information Sharing
Depending on the Services provided, we may share your information with:
- Service Providers: We share your information with service providers that help us with specialized services, including managing the Database, communications, public relations, customer service, security and performance monitoring, website analytics, and marketing. You can learn more about how our service providers collect, use, and share your information in their respective privacy policies.
- Employers: If you are a Veteran, we will share your information with Employers for the purposes of connecting individuals with employment opportunities. To do this, we may share your information in the Database or connect Employers with your information directly.
- Email Communications: We may use your information to email you with information and opportunities related to employment. For example, we may send you an email with an opportunity to take a course or earn a certification.
- For legal reasons or to protect our users and services: We may disclose information as necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety and security of the Services, users, or the public.
- In connection with a change in ownership or corporate governance of Vets2Set®: We may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to share information about your experience on the Services with others, these services are outside our control. These third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the website, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the website, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We have reasonable measures in place to protect information against the loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration. However, no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
5. Children’s Information
We do not knowingly collect or store information from children under the age of 13.
6. International Users
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
8. Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
9. Data Retention
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your information as limited as possible. Your information will be retained only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
11. Contacting Us
Effective Date: June 8, 2022