CANDIDATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Updated: August 8, 2022
- Employer and Employer Information. Candidate acknowledges that the hiring Employer, not Vets2Set®, is solely responsible for all compensation, benefits, insurance, payroll taxes (including applicable federal, state and municipal withholdings), and all other responsibilities pertaining to the employment of the Candidate under state, federal, and local law. Candidate agrees that Vets2Set® shall have no responsibility, obligation, or liability with respect to the employment of Candidate by an Employer or its affiliates, or an obligation to screen, monitor, review, or otherwise verify an Employer or any policies or practices thereof. Candidate further agrees that Vets2Set® does not have any obligation to screen any Employer information, and assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability, for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, and reliability of all information regarding employers (together “Employer Information”). Candidate acknowledges that Vets2Set® provides access to the Database without representation or warranty of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, as to the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such materials, documents, and other information, and that Employer Information is created and provided by Employers over whom Vets2Set® exercises no control.
Candidate Information. Vets2Set® verifies military status by requesting applicable documentation of military service from Candidate, which may include (1) DD 214 or DD 215, (2) NBG 22 or NGB 22A, and/or (3) a military ID card (copy). Candidate agrees to provide any such requested information and affirms that all information provided by Candidate to Vets2Set® and throughout the employment hiring process with any Employer process is true, accurate, and complete. Candidate understands that any false information or statements will result in immediate revocation of access to the Database, deletion of his/her Candidate Information, and may result in an Employer’s revocation of an offer of employment or termination of Candidate’s employment with an Employer. If any information of Candidate in the Database changes, Candidate agrees to promptly notify Vets2Set® of such change.
Candidate agrees that any information he or she posts to the Database will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing such information for the Database, Candidate grants Vets2Set® and its licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material.
Scope of Use. Candidate agrees to use the Database and its contents solely for the Purpose.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The Database and its contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Vets2Set®, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
The Vets2Set® name and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Vets2Set®. Candidate agrees not to use such marks without the prior written consent of Vets2Set®.
- Compliance with Employer Protocols and Law. If Candidate is hired by any Employer, Candidate agrees to comply with all formal and informal rules, policies and other protocols of such Employer during the course of Candidate’s engagement.
Candidate agrees to not use the Database: (a) in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries); (b) to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation; or (c) to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Database, or which, as determined by Vets2Set®, may harm Vets2Set® or users of the Database, or expose them to liability.
- Children. Candidate agrees that they are not 13 years of age or younger.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. Candidate understands that Vets2Set® cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that the Database will be free of viruses or other destructive code. Candidate is responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy Candidate’s particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the website of Vets2Set® for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, VETS2SET® WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT CANDIDATE’S COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO CANDIDATE’S USE OF THE DATABASE.
CANDIDATE’S USE OF THE DATABASE AND ITS CONTENT IS AT CANDIDATE’S OWN RISK. THE DATABASE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER VETS2SET® NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH VETS2SET® MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DATABASE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER VETS2SET® NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH VETS2SET® REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE DATABASE OR ITS CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE DATABASE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE DATABASE WILL OTHERWISE MEET CANDIDATE’S NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, VETS2SET® HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL VETS2SET® OR ANY OF its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) CANDIDATE’S USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE DATABASE, (B) ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF VETS2SET® RELATING THERETO, (C) ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE CAUSED BY ANY EMPLOYER, OR (D) ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER. IN ADDITION, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY RELEASED PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF BUSINESS OR BUSINESS REVENUE; OR LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL, EVEN IF SUCH RELEASED PARTY HAD BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE.
Vets2Set® reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Database, and any service or material on the Database, in its sole discretion without notice. Vets2Set® will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Database is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Vets2Set® may restrict access to some parts of the Database, or the entire Database, to users, including registered users.